The Merchandiser/Sales Representative will be the first alliance between the client and key mom and pop stores. The goal is to identify potential stores in the target maket to carry the client’s product. The Representative will request permission to place POS materials such as posters, table tents, etc. at the store and continue to build a relationship and service.
- Identify potential mom and pop stores within a designated mile range in target market. Businesses to be taken into consideration are:
- Barber/Nail/Beauty Salons
- Auto part/Body shop
- Check cashing/Money transfer
- Gast Station
- Restaurant/Ice Cream Parlor
- IT/Tech supplies
- Grocery/Meat Markets
- Establish areas and design visit routes to code stores following client guiding principles.
- Schedule and design a structure for in-person visits.
- Introduce a product or service: leveraging on sales material, sales incentives, and POS
- Negotiate POS placement: follow guidelines to ensure exposure, visibility, long-lasting placement, and invite a call to action.
- Create a database including contact info for all point of sale within a route.
- Complete onsite daily reports and take pictures of completed work via tablet/smart phone.
- Establish and maintain friendly and professional relationships with identified businesses.
- 1-year Merchandising and/or Sales experience is a must.
- Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus!
- Personal Smart Device Required (smart phone or tablet). Must have location services on for in-store reporting.
- Wi-Fi/internet access for daily reporting.
- Reliable transportation.